Saturday, March 3, 2012

Springtime is on the way ....

.... and doesn't it cheer a body up?  Everyone seems so much happier when the sun shines.  Every morning when I walk my dog, Dougie, I notice different signs that spring and summer are waiting in the wings: daffodils, snowdrops, crocus and lots of new birds' nests.  It's about this time of year that our annual frog migration takes place, from who knows where, to the lake in the nearby park.  Some kind people actually go out every evening with buckets to collect the frogs that are trying to cross a busy road, and take them to the lake safely.  Dougie doesn't quite know what to make of the frogs we encounter during our evening constitutional - goodness knows what the frogs make of him!

And why are the frogs on the march?  Because it's time to think about maybe making a few extra little froglets!  The urge to create is very strong during sunny days, with rising temperatures and longer daylight hours.  Have you noticed a desire to get making? Do you have twitchy fingers? Feel like dusting off the sewing machine/finding a matching pair of knitting needles/gluing things to other things, just to see what it looks like?

I came across this while I was attempting to tidy my bedroom this morning: carefully folded in tissue paper ready for a lucky new baby.  I have listed it in my Folksy shop, Little Owls, and I'd like to share it with you.  It was made a little while ago, but it's still a lovely piece of work.  I think traditional items like this still have a place in our modern world, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment