Hmmm. This hat-making lark is a bit trickier than I thought. The flowers are well stuck on in a pleasing arrangement, and that's about as far as I have got.
I'm having trouble sticking the actual hat to the plastic headband - an enthusiastic attempt to glue it on met with mild disaster. Unfortunately the glue I used promptly melted the plastic on the headband, leaving gooey smears on the inside of the hat, and refusing to stick at all! Double sided tape, I hear you say. Nope, no good either, although it does stick remarkably well to hair, as I found to my cost.
Mr Owls has been his usual proactive self, suggesting Araldite, staples, gaffer tape, rivets or nuts and bolts. I'm not sure he's taking this seriously ........
I think the trusty needle and thread are going to be the way to go, as long as I keep Alan Rickman/Sheriff of Nottingham in mind, and "keep the stitches small".